Re: [NTLK] pen reader of siemens

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 07:05:27 PST

Oliver Brose wrote:
> Mine came with 3,5mm (for the Pocket Reader) to Sub-D 9 (female).

It's actually 2.5mm, isn't it?

> You need a *null-modem* male/male Sub-D 9 adaptor (somewhat hard to
> find without a looong cable in between) as well as the Newton
> Interconnect to Sub-D 9 (female) cable - and you're done!
> The good part: Anyone trying to take your Newton can be secured to a
> massive tree with the resulting piece of cable.

This is what mine came with - I bought it second-hand but it came with the
original box and everything:

http://www.chuma.org/crap/preader_cable.jpg

There's the 2.5mm to DB9F cable on the bottom, and resting on top of it is
the little DB9M to miniDIN8M adaptor. I have used this with my Newton no
problem. According to this:

http://www.8ung.at/pocketreader/doc_e.htm

The original PReader PC serial cable is already a null modem (Rx is connected
to Tx, and vice-versa).

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html