Re: [NTLK] GPS AYAN (and yet another newtbie ;=}): Connecting MP130 to eTrex

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 00:22:22 PST

Assuming your home made eTrex to DB9 cable is correct
(you can easily check that with a PC using a terminal program)
AND
that the DB9 to Mini-DIN cable you mention is the Newt to PC cable
(i.e. it has crossed Rx/Tx lines)
you should be fine.
There is also a GPS monitor program in the GPSMap package that you can use
on the Newt to check if you receive data from teh GPS Receiver, but any
other terminal program on the Newt will do the job as well.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html