Re: [NTLK] GlobeTrotter help

From: Julian Wright (julianwr_at_paradise.net.nz)
Date: Sun Nov 23 2003 - 10:20:35 PST

On 22 Nov 2003 at 22:02, Luiz Petroni wrote:

> I use PT100 to register GT to my GSM network and use a ATD<number>;
> command to place voice calls.
>

> > When you or anyone else set up their GT, did you have to enter a
> > name/password in the PPP setup or were your fields blank too?
>
> From my experiences I see that I must fill the fields with something.
> As a matter of fact if I fill user=bla and password=blabla it works but
> if I left the fields blank I can not validate the connection.

Luiz you are brillient! I just did exactly this and it has all started
to work. Thank you very much!

I had previously tried entering a username but no password. When I
added a password it all started to work.

> Do you have the "Display script activity" box of the modem script
> checked?

Yes.

> Can you see the "Login" on the NIE startup and the modem script running?

Yes I can see it all starting up. I might untick Display Script
Activity now that it is all working.

> Can you send me a copy of your modem script?

It's just the same as the one on the web site, but sure.

Cheers, Julian.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html