[NTLK] Chronicle Poll: Only 2% for Newton!?

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Nov 23 2003 - 23:25:31 PST

>From: Mark <markr13_at_comcast.net>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] No Newts ...?
>Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:41:52 -0500
>
>For those interested, a new survey is being taken in the Houston
>Chronicle on the greatest computer of all time. Lets get those Newton
>numbers up!
>
><http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/business/2241419>

By all means, do so, folks! Newton is at 2%, which is not bad, considering
the votes for Mac and Apple ][ combined run up to 60% right now...
Seems Apples products are appreciated way over their market share - which
would either suggest a userbase that can better be mobilized and agitated
than that of, say, an Altair 8800, or that in such polls brands with high
volumes and long-time market presence are always going to eat the cake alone...

I miss Commodore's Vic 20 and Amiga computers there, but the C64 (currently
21%) is a good compromise. Boy, was I ever envious of the folks that had a
Vic 20 or a C64! ;=}

Cheers,

DJV.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html