[NTLK] Sorry for being slow... GPS Help Please!

From: Paul Curtis (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 11:13:35 PST

I know this has been covered like a 70's couch over and over again, but I
need it one more time...
I want to run my 2100 mounted in my truck as a GPS guidance/recording system
for off-road treks, and with the second pc-card slot a GPRS/WiFi
Globetrotter ( I think) for Voice and data backup to my cell phone. I want
to download the waypoints of the trip back down to my PC for mapping against
Streets & Trips. That said I have done a weeks worth of research and I have
downloaded the German made "Map Lite" with the Map Maker for windows. I
think I can probably get the map thing done on my own, I have a scanner and
AutoCAD. The GPS card seems to be the difficult part of the equation, is
there a comprehensive list of past & present cards that work in the Newton
MP? Is there anything else I should be aware of? Finally, are there fellow
Newt's out there willing to handhold me through this if I purchase some
hardware to "validate"?

1. GPS Software - Map Lite
2. GPS PC Card receiver - ? http://mightygps.com/pccard.htm
3. Something I'm overlooking?

Many thanks,

MicroSSG
3 Figs - 120/130/2100 & a Siemens SX56 PocketPC 2002 Phone Edition

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html