Re: [NTLK] Sorry for being slow... GPS Help Please!

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 11:30:01 PST

Paul Curtis wrote:
> I know this has been covered like a 70's couch over and over again, but I
> need it one more time...
> I want to run my 2100 mounted in my truck as a GPS guidance/recording system
> for off-road treks, and with the second pc-card slot a GPRS/WiFi
> Globetrotter ( I think) for Voice and data backup to my cell phone. I want
<snip>

> 1. GPS Software - Map Lite
> 2. GPS PC Card receiver - ? http://mightygps.com/pccard.htm
> 3. Something I'm overlooking?

Yes, you can use any GPS reciever that has serial output and understands NMEA
commands. Most do. I had a Garmin brochure on my desk and I had picked out
the cheapest Garmin reciever that has serial output... but I think I threw it
out. I think it was the Garmin Geko 201:

http://www.garmin.com/products/geko201/

MSRP of $149 USD. Also has WAAS correction so it's pretty durn accurate.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html