[NTLK] New Battery NewtTest Result

From: Jim Siburt (jsiburt_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 15:58:43 PDT

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 06:24 PM, Frank Gruendel wrote:

> 1) You should download NewtTest which you will find in the software
> section of the site in the signature. It will show you quite a lot
> battery and charge related info if you set "Test Type" to Battery.

This is a new battery pack from a Battery retailer here in the U.S.
Others on the forum have stated they also purchased from this company
with success so for $25US it seemed like a good deal. I suspect a bad
battery pack and I have contacted them, or at least tried to, several
times today. Here is the NewtTest result:

Type:Apple NiMH rechargeable pack
Voltage: 4.5 Volt
Capacity: 15%
Low Warning at: 20%
Auto Shutoff at: 0%
AC Adapter: connected
Charge State: discharging
AC Voltage: 7.34 Volt
Discharge Current: 0.001 Ampere (This fluctuates 0.001 and 0.000)
Inside Temperature: 22.42 Celsius
Cell Temperature: 64.00 Celsius

Jim Siburt
New Media Design