Re: [NTLK] NewtStumbler (was A Newton Replacement: facts)

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 21:39:12 PDT

Aux environs du 6/10/03 à 18:11 -0500, sous le titre "[NTLK]
NewtStumbler (was A Newton Replacement: facts)", Ray Zschau prit sa
plus belle plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>Is anybody currently working on a WAP scanner? I would love some type
>of NewtStumbler app.

The problem is, as far as I know, that NetStumbling requires some
low-level access to the driver. It's not as in sending and reading
special ethernet packages (well, it's about it but you need to setup
the card correctly first).

So either someone works on a new driver or we all have to wait for
Hiroshi to provide us with the thing.

If someone wants to undertake such a project, I'd suggest working on
a new driver (that would just setup the card in the proper mode for
war-driving). I don't have time to work on this, too many fishes on
the fire, but my e-mail address is public and I do reply to call for
helps, including when it's about development of Newton software.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/