Re: [NTLK] [OT] reverse technology

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 13:19:17 PDT

WEll. They currently have the 27" version working
quite well. They are having a little problem with
getting the contrast to be dark enough, but hey...it's
air...how contrasty can it get?
They have to build each one by hand and it will set
you back about $22k...not a bad price when you
consider that Plasma monitors basically came out with
the same price and the same problem!
Figure in about 5 years, this technology should be
completed for consumer use.
For even more GeeWhiz technology, take a look at oLED.
http://www.universaldisplay.com/tech.php
This technology is currently being used in some Cell
phones and cameras. And HP is perfecting a technique
that will allow OLED panels to be printed using the
same technology as an ink-jet printer! Imaging a sheet
of wall paper that is in reality an oLED panel...or a
cereal box with an annimated panel on the back..
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Laurent Daudelin <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
wrote:
<snip>
> > http://www.io2technology.com/
> > Now, if this ever makes it, it will be
> unbelievable!
>
> Wow! I agree that this is really awesome if it ever
> gets in production. I'm
> wondering what would be the cost, though...
>
> -Laurent.
> --

> Laurent Daudelin Developer,
> Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
> mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
> Washington, DC, USA
> ************************* Usual disclaimers apply

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100