Re: [NTLK] [ANN] ATA Support 1.0RC6

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 02:38:07 PDT

Hi Paul,

That's great news. This really is a brilliant project. Now it's time to
make anouther backup!

As for the FAT vs speed issue I don't notice speed on a day to day basis,
typing notes, adding addresses but I really feel it when I download MP3 for
Mad Max. A 3 minute track will take about 45mins to download from iTunes
over ethernet which is far too long. However, if I could slap the card into
my PC and push the MP3s over that way, that would be fine and the Newton's
write speed wouldn't matter.

Cheers.

Andy.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html