Re: [NTLK] [ANN] ATA Support 1.0RC6

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 15:17:24 PDT

Aux environs du 17/10/03 à 10:38 +0100, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
[ANN] ATA Support 1.0RC6", Andy Collins prit sa plus belle plume pour
écrire les mots suivants:
>As for the FAT vs speed issue I don't notice speed on a day to day basis,
>typing notes, adding addresses but I really feel it when I download MP3 for
>Mad Max. A 3 minute track will take about 45mins to download from iTunes
>over ethernet which is far too long. However, if I could slap the card into
>my PC and push the MP3s over that way, that would be fine and the Newton's
>write speed wouldn't matter.

This is why I think I should do FAT first. Most speed issues are
related to Mad Max and if Mad Max could read MP3s directly from the
FAT partitions, it would solve the speed problems user experience.

Nevertheless, more speed could mean a faster Newton. In both cases,
it would make ATA cards superior to linear cards (since the speed
improvement is mostly about beating linear cards definitely).

Paul

--
Changement de baignoire.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/