Re: [NTLK] OS X to 7100 to Newton

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 12:41:39 PDT

Mark Benson wrote:
> As a temporary measure until I can fork out for a Belkin serial
> adapter (some 45GBP over here :( ) for my OS X iMac, is there any way
> to export Contacts (from Address Book) and my Diary (from iCal) to
> software in OS 8.1 (running on my 7100) so I can sorta-sync my newton?
> I have Claris Organiser 2.0 and up to FileMaker Pro 4.0, as well as MS
> Office 6 if any of that helps..

I guess it would be possible if you filtered out the 'mess'. The .ics
files of iCal and the .vcf files if Address book can be opened in both
Word and BBEdit in OSX, guess that would work under OS9 as well.

BTW, DON'T get e Belkin, AFAIR nobody on the list got them to work
under OSX, Keyspan is the better choice.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html