Re: [NTLK] OT - Off Topic - Need an eBay auction to bid on

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 14:59:14 PDT

Frank,
I would say that this is a bogus email.
Go here:
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/
and check up on what ebay says about identifying email
from them.
and if you can log into ebay with your username and
password, then I would say that you don't have a
problem.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Frank Gruendel <fg2_at_pda-soft.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> please excuse the off-topic post. The subject isn't
> as stupid
> as it seems. Some days ago eBay.com (or seemingly
> eBay.com) sent me
> a mail that said...
>
> Dear eBay User,
>
> During our regular update and verification of the
> accounts,
> we could not verify your current information. Either
> your
> information has changed or it is incomplete.
> As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has
> been restricted.
> According to our site policy you will have to
> confirm that you are
> the real owner of the eBay account by log in and
> complete the form
> that will pop up or else your account will be
> suspended without
> the right to register again with eBay.
> After you will login please verify your information
> in order to
> complete this verification.
<snip>

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100