[NTLK] Newton Gestures Question

From: Jonathan Wise (For NewtonTalk) (newtontalk_at_jonandnic.com)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 06:24:29 PST

Hey all,
I need help with a gesture!
BTW, thanks to whoever posted the WikkiWikki link on Newton Gestures! I learned a lot...
This particular gesture, however, I already knew -- I've just never been able to make it work. Y'know the backwards L that's supposed to go to the next line? 9 times out of 10, all I can get from it is a capital J. I'm careful not to put any curve in the lower stroke, and I've tried writing it overly big, overly small, and the same size as all my other characters. But no matter what I do, I get a J.
Having to wait until my input is interpreted, then tapping on the new line, is too cumbersome -- I've taken to writing my notes in just scribble and not bothering with the recognition. Has anyone found a reliable way to get the new line gesture to work? Any tips?

Thanks,
Jonathan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html