Re: [NTLK] Problems with GeneralMagic?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 06:47:27 PDT

Samuel Heddle wrote:
>> Restart with all extensions off (hold pen 1/2 inch from side on the
>> screen after restart) and remove it. Restarting with extensions off
>> are
>> also covered in the FAQ.
> Tried that. GM still won't run. Can that be fixed, (The error is
> (-48205))
> or does that mean I can't run this?

Guess you didn't do all of the above. I'm advising to start up with
extensions off and them to REMOVE it.
I've never heard of GeneralMagic and so far it doesn't seem to be such
a great package ;-)

BTW, -48205 is a Object system Error and part of the NewtonScript
Environment Errors and means: Index out of bounds (string or array)
Sounds to me that GeneralMagic isn't programmed that well, but be
warned, this is the interpretation of the above by somebody that
doesn't have the first idea of programming in general and the newt in
particular.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html