Re: [NTLK] Card lending service

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 07:36:25 PDT

Frank Gruendel wrote:

> I think this is an excellent idea. It would make things both cheaper and
> faster for everybody. But before we start talking about hubs, let's wait
> what the donators decide about whether they want the remainder of the fund
> raising spent that way.

Since we're not talking about hubs :) I will volunteer to be an East Coast
and/or Canadian hub. I already have an old 2MB card that I could use for
this, and I may be able to get another. As well as a 128KB SRAM card.

PS: if people would like to undertake the rescue-card idea as a "special
project" then I can create a separate mailing list for it (similar to what I
did when we were figuring out the t-shirt thing).

> Most of you are probably aware that I don't make (nearly) any money with
> the services I provide, but would all of you out there consider it prudent
> if I put a PayPal link to the NewtonTalk account on this page? Or would
> that look too much like begging? Victor, since NewtonTalk is physically
> your baby, would you think that's ok?

Sorry, I seem to have lost the train of thought here. What page are we
talking about here?

NTLK money (through http://www.newtontalk.net/donations) goes directly to
Bill Shamam, since he's the one who pays the server bills.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html