Re: [NTLK] Few questions about syncing w/ OSX & XP

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 12:09:18 PDT

At 02:54 PM 9/3/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>2. Do you need a router when connecting your newton to your powerbook?
>Because I can't seem to get it connected when they are plugged directly
>into each other.

Ah, your Newt is talking into the Powerbook's mouth and listening to its
ears. Your Ethernet cable has a pair of wires for send and another for
receive. Unfortunately the Newt is sending to the Powerbook's transmitters
instead of the receivers.

What you need is either a "Null modem" ethernet cable or a "hub" or
"switch". Any local computer shop or electronics box store will be able to
help.

Andrei

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html