Re: [NTLK] Newton Web Browser?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 00:05:58 PDT

Laurent Daudelin wrote:
> Then, to use a web browser on the Newton, you need to have "Newton
> Internet
> Enabler" or (NIE) 2.0 to access the internet. The catch here is that
> NIE 2.0
> requires Newton OS 2.1 to install and work. Only the MessagePad 2000,
> 2100
> and the eMate 300 runs the Newton OS 2.1. If you haven't one of these
> models, I'm afraid you're SOL...

Well, there's NIE 1.1 as well of course. I really don't remember if the
130 (with OS 2.0) could run NIE 2.0 but I guess that's in the FAQ as
well.
By the way, the fact that the models before the eMate and 2100 can do
internet doesn't make it such a great option because it'll be quite
slow...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html