Re: [NTLK] Wiping out password

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 00:10:46 PDT

Gary Meader wrote:
> I got an eMate 300 from a middle school. I've got the serial adapter
> and
> dongle and am ready to connect to my G4. But, as I go to 'extras',
> then
> 'teacher setup' ,I'm asked for a password. Even if I opt to change the
> password, I need to know the old one. How can I clear the old
> password so I
> can start using MY password? Thanks.

IIRC this happens when you press the Dock button but if you go into
Extra's and tap on Dock (instead of opening the 'Teacher's Dock' that
the Dock button does you can correct without a hitch.
BTW, I don't really remember if there a gallant way to get around the
password, but I know that a brain wipe does the job (you'll be able to
specify your own afterwards and also which app you want the dock button
to open)
All about Brain Wipes can be found in the FAQ, link underneath.
Oh, and you don't need a dongle for an eMate, only for the 2x00
series...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html