[NTLK] Shreve Systems and the Napoleonic Code

From: Mike O'Brien (mikeobrien_at_spamcop.net)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 10:49:01 PDT

> They have that Napoleonic code thing down there in Louisiana, USA, so
> watch your ass when you deal with them.

My understanding is that Louisiana finally caved and replaced the
Napoleonic
Code with English Common Law (what the rest of us use) about ten or
twenty
years ago. Louisiana lawyers used to really like the whole Napoleonic
Code
thing because lawyers from other states typically didn't know a thing
about it.

If no one's able to pursue a legal complaint against Shreve, I don't
think this
is the reason any longer. Far more likely that they're in cahoots with
the local
establishment. This is a far more likely Southern scenario, in my mind.

Mike O'Brien

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html