Re: [NTLK] SER-001 problems

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 09:20:05 PDT

There is one thing you should keep in mind:
as soon as you insert the dongle into the Newt, the Newt performs an
initialisation procedure, it even wakes up if in sleep mode.
This is not the case if you connect something to the SER-001.
So what you do is switching the Newt on while having the device connected to
the SER-001.
The initialisation sequence is performed after power up as well.
The other possibility is to insert the "empty" Dongle in order to signal the
Newt that there is something connected.
The same is true for the external keyboard.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html