Re: [NTLK] Need info for card lending page

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 09:20:04 PDT

I suppose you are talking about a direct ethernet connection to a PC via
crossover cable:
this is no hardware problem at all. The bad thing is only that programs like
NCU or NBU for the Windose platform do not support an ethernet connection,
thats all.
As soon as you find an application on the Win platform talking Ether to the
Newt, this would work even with a Hub or Switch...

Regarding the packages needed on the Newt for Ethernet connectivity, beside
the NIE modules this is strongly dependent on the card you use. I do use
only 3Com 3C589D.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html