Re: [NTLK] just received ethernet driver

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 07:35:52 PDT

on 19/09/03 08:06, suppaman at suppaman_at_softhome.net wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've just received the memory card that Michael loaded ethernet driver onto.
>
> I've set up Internet Setup and I found the card in the list.
>
> How can I upload packages to newton via ethernet now?

Make sure the Ethernet card slip has the "Use this card for AppleTalk", or
soemthing like that. Then, in the Dock on the Newton, make sure you use
AppleTalk for connection. Finally, on your Mac (it won't work on a PC),
check your AppleTalk control panel (in OS 9 or earlier) and make sure it
uses Ethernet. Then, in Newton Connection Utilities, set your prefs to use
AppleTalk.

Basically, on both devices, you configure AppleTalk to use Ethernet. Then,
you configure the connection programs to use AppleTalk, thus using Ethernet.

-Laurent.

fiber-seeking backhoe: [common among backbone ISP personnel] Any of a genus
of large, disruptive machines which routinely cut critical backbone links,
creating Internet outages and packet over air problems.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html