Re: [NTLK] Stationary Construction Kit

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 07:38:17 PDT

on 18/09/03 23:16, Helvécio Mafra at helvecio.mafra_at_newted.org wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I installed Standalone's Stationary Construction Kit a while ago to
> test it, and then deleted it from my Newton. Now, every time I do a
> reset on the Newton, a dialog box appears stating that the
> Stationary:CDs has expired. I looked all over to find it and delete it
> to no avail.
>
> How can I uninstall it?

I would imagine that there is still some extension package that was left
behind. A simple value in the system soup shouldn't be able to generate that
message, unless some code is reading it.

-Laurent.

fear and loathing n.: [from Hunter S. Thompson] A state inspired by the
prospect of dealing with certain real-world systems and standards that are
totally brain-damaged but ubiquitous -- Intel 8086s, or COBOL, or EBCDIC, or
any IBM machine bigger than a workstation. "Ack! They want PCs to be able to
talk to the AI machine. Fear and loathing time!"
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html