Re: [NTLK] Interest in a MP 120 ?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 22:55:21 PDT

on 21/09/03 01:25, Scott Koenig at scott_koenig_at_mac.com wrote:

> I have a Newton MP 120 sitting around that I am not using. Iım wondering
> what something like this may be worth.
> The screen is clean except for one scratch; nothing major. The original
> stylus is broken; the writing tip and top end. I have two extra stylusı in
> the form of a Parker pen with a stylus insert and the other is a pen/stylus
> combo. Also in the ³package² is the original external modem. I canıt
> remember the speed, but Iım sure you all know the one. Rounding it all out
> is a nice Calise Leather case. This case has a harness to secure the Newton,
> a clear slot for driverıs license or ID and slots for credit cards or
> business cards. There are also places for putting cash, receipts and the
> like. In addition to the standard software there are about 3 (paid for)
> shareware apps. Overall the Newton is very clean and viable.

$20-$25 maybe. Less if it runs only NOS 1.3. With 2100 going for as little
as $60-$100, it's hard to justify buying a 120, sorry.

-Laurent.

drone n.: Ignorant sales or customer service personnel in computer or
electronics superstores. Characterized by a lack of even superficial
knowledge about the products they sell, yet possessed of the conviction that
they are more competent than their hacker customers. Usage: "That video
board probably sucks, it was recommended by a drone at Fry's" In the year
2000, their natural habitats include Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, and
CompUSA.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html