[NTLK] e-Mates for sale

From: Bert Fregosi (bfregosi_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 10:26:39 PDT

I have two e-Mates that I have decided to part with. I am offering them first to the people in the Newton community before placing them on e-Bay. One is fully functional, the other a basketcase I used for parts before checking it out. My first e-Mate had its ribbon cable pinched by the hinge, so I took the cable out of the parts unit before I even tested it. I don't know if the display or motherboard are functional because I was in a hurry just to revive the other one and didn't interchange all the parts. I did test the ROM card and the upgrade card from the parts unit in the functional unit and they both work. The dead mate has no space bar key (I had to send it back to the previous owner) and no stylus. They do not have a charger but there are two functional batteries. (I have been using the charger from my 2100) I would like to sell the two together, rather than selling one functional unit and trying to find a buyer for the scrapper who just wants the upgrade card. I will post photos of the cards and unit
s on my home page for viewing and so that everyone can verify that these are indeed the coveted upgrade cards. I am pricing the works at $350, after receiving tips from people on the list as to their value. I would be willing to bargain with someone if they had some items to trade in return for lowering the price. My wish list includes a Wifi card and driver that will work in my 2100, a AA battery sled, a PCMCIA adapter for Compact Flash cards and driver, and some Nu Shields. And maybe a case or two of beer.

Bert Fregosi
Alpharetta GA

bfregosi_at_mac.com

http://homepage.mac.com/bfregosi/PhotoAlbum13.html

'I cut my deck to the Queen of Spades, but the cards were all the same. Don't murder me.'

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html