[NTLK] Semantic Idiocy (Was re: Physical Mods to Newton)

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 09:23:56 PST

Well, let's see if there have been any constructive, intelligent responses to
my inquiry. Oh, that's right. There weren't any! Victor came close to a
logical response with his recommendation for me to check out tablet PCs. I
didn't say I needed a replacement for my Newton -- I want to ENHANCE its
usability. I also like the Pocket PC for its ease of use with AvantGo, .mp3 files, and
Word documents. I'm not ready to give up either device.

Then, we had a couple of guys rambling on about whether it is more
appropriate to refer to the chipset by one name, versus another. Gee, it would have
been nice if you fellows could have contributed something CONSTRUCTIVE to this
thread. I'm a technical writer, and I'm not half as anal-retentive as some of
you tech people!

The original questions was with regard to the feasibility of adding
additional physical components to the chassis of the Newton MP 2X00 (such as FM radio,
guts of a Pocket PC, etc). I was expecting at least one programmer or
hardware person to explain in brief detail how the digitizer pad of the Newton
compares with those used in a typical Pocket PC. Well, I guess I will have to
conduct some experiments and research on my own.

I really like this bulletin board, and I am grateful for the information that
people offer. You're a great bunch of people, and I like you all. However,
I think some of the engineer/programmers out there should teach the right and
left hemispheres of their brains to intercommunicate.

I'm not trolling -- I'm just p3ssed off with some of the stupid OT threads.
Thanks for reading this.

Matt K.
mkow1234_at_aol.com