Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V4 #203

From: Jonathan Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 09:39:37 PDT

On Apr 6, 2004, at 4:05 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> On 6-apr-04, at 05:29, Ed Kummel wrote:
>> I talked the teacher into letting me do Clarks "2001 space odessy"
>> instead!
>
> Good choice! I liked the movie but thought the book was even better...

I've never read the book, but the movie is so visual (and auditory)
that I can hardly imagine the book being better!!!! It's a strange
film, but I've watched it through twice in a row on my computer, and
then, later that week, it was on TCM (in Polish) and I watched it
again, and then, again later in the week... I've watched it many times
now, and I never tire of it. I don't know why... It's not exactly an
exciting movie, but it is a deeply movie in completely unusual ways...
It's not like any other film I've ever watched, oh, and the visual
effects are _stunning_! That's one thing that keeps drawing me back to
it... It's convincing in unusual ways...

(It also reminds me of the ship Marathon) for some reason...) ;-)

-Jon Glass