Re: [NTLK] Type III PCMCIA 1GB HD - ATA Support? (was Re: 2 slot PCMCIA eMate)

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 14:43:01 PDT

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 07:58:16PM +0200, DJ Vollkasko wrote:
> But since then, we have entered modern times. How about using the HD with
> Paul's ATA Support? Shouldn't that work?

Speaking of which, is there a PCMCIA to external harddrive that talks the
same language as a standard ATA flash drive? I know IBM has some older
products that come close, but require additional drivers. This of course
would be more practical for a stationary Newt which may be serving web
pages or act as a pseudo-(file/mp3)server.

-Jeff