Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 & 2000 (updated to 2100)

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 22:09:16 PDT

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 05:22:17PM +0100, Richard Kilpatrick wrote:

> On 10 Apr 2004, at 17:11, josh musket wrote:
>

> >> No, because my shipping would have cost more from the US. In the UK to
> >> ship a Newton would cost about £7, from the US I'd expect to pay about
> >> $35,
>
> > That kind of sucks.
>
> Not so much, you know? If I had to ship a Newton from here to the US it
> would be nearer $50. USPS are quite fair on their shipping charges.
>
> If I were in the US, what would shipping be for a fairly typical state
> distance? The UK charges a flat rate whether it's 8 miles or 800, and
> offers a guaranteed next day delivery for £18 for 2Kg with insurance.

2 kg package suitable for newts can get from Maine to California in 2
days for $11.00. Overnight delivery is $28. Add $3.20 to those for $200
of insurance.

www.usps.com doesn't care where you're from; you can check what costs
are to ship things from the US anytime you like. Find out just how badly
some ebay sellers gouge buyers on shipping charges....

--
35. I will not grow a goatee. In the old days they made you look diabolic.
    Now they just make you look like a disaffected member of Generation X.