Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 & 2000 (updated to 2100)

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Sun Apr 11 2004 - 10:11:15 PDT

On 11 Apr 2004, at 06:09, Peter H. Coffin wrote:

> 2 kg package suitable for newts can get from Maine to California in 2
> days for $11.00. Overnight delivery is $28. Add $3.20 to those for $200
> of insurance.
>
> www.usps.com doesn't care where you're from; you can check what costs
> are to ship things from the US anytime you like. Find out just how
> badly
> some ebay sellers gouge buyers on shipping charges....

Oh, I know. I won a RiscPC for £25, and the seller wanted another £25
for UK postage when it costs £11. It wasn't even that well packed :/

I now have a Newton 2100, so if these $50 bare Newtons surface, I'll
take one and not care about accessories and stuff ;). I won an auction
for one from one of the listmembers, £93 with a keyboard (very useful),
4Mb RAM card, and 28.8 PC Card modem, plus US pronged 9W PSU. Looks
lovely. I honestly didn't think I'd get it, and now I have to find a
suitable WiFi card for it (I have a Sitecom card, which the eMate sees,
but can't use and isn't listed on the WaveLan page).

Now I'm just waiting for my 4Mb RAM (one of the listmembers had some
for sale a week or so ago for the eMate) and I'll have two of the
nicest Newts made!

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)