Re: [NTLK] "Minor" publication setback :O( {Owner's Manual Conversion Project}

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 13:26:47 PDT

MAYBE you could have the non image book for the experts on the list or for those that know their newtons in and out. and for those of us that still need to see a pic or two you could add them and break the book into parts. better to have it in parts than not at all. either way we all appreciate the effort that you are putting forth into making this into a reality. hats off to you sir.

LAG

MKow1234_at_aol.com wrote:

Another option is for me to try to break the owner's manual up into smaller
portions and then add images to each file. The result would be a four-volume
set for the owner's manual. This would take longer than I originally
anticipated, due to problems with file sizing, image pixiliation, etc. I am
considering (although I am not excited with the prospect of) using Photoshop to reduce
each bitmap file size prior to placement within the NewtonBook. Wouldn't that
be fun?

So I guess the question is, would a text-only version of the manual still be
useful to the Newton community?