[NTLK] nSync woes

From: Dave Bellamy (dave_bellamy_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 16:56:41 PDT

Hi Everyone

I have been using nSync plus plug-ins for a couple of days as a means
to connect my Newt to my iCal, having given up on getting NCU and
Claris to talk to each other.
Whilst most of the stuff works great - To Do, MacJournal etc.. I have
found that the actual dates sync'ing is virtually useless. All the
appointments are completely out and if I add an appointment on the Newt
and then sync, that appointment shows as an all day event on all days -
a perpetual meeting so to speak. I have noted quite a lot of posts from
people saying that their times are out by an hour or so but mine seem
all over the place. Is there a new version of nSync that corrects these
fundamental problems coming out soon? I am using '0.3'.

My questions are: am I doing something dumb and does it matter that I
am using MoreInfo for dates and stuff cause it is so much more powerful
than the Newt's own basic calendar function. What have other people
done to make nSync a useable piece of software?

Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Auckland