Re: [NTLK] Has anybody had feedback from the seller of the USD 50 Newtons?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 21:41:43 PDT

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 12:29:17AM -0400, Brian wrote:
> In my reality, deals like that always get glommed by someone with spare
> thousands to spend and they sell them at 300%-500% markup, and we never
> see them cheap (Robert commented that $50 each was too much $ to expect
> if someone bought them in bulk...say [-(30x1400-90x1400)] = we don't
> get to see prices like that, some reseller with a lot of money to put
> into inventory costs, usually does. Posts here aren't going to change
> that either way.

Heck, even if Robery just approaching J&K with a "We'll sell you lots of
100 2100s at $xxxx per lot, for as long as we got 'em" *STILL* benefits
us because then we at least know we can get replacements for that much
longer.

--
62. I will design fortress hallways with no alcoves or protruding structural
    supports which intruders could use for cover in a firefight.