Re: [NTLK] Please advise, I'm confused - Re: Direction

From: David Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 06:24:08 PDT

Where do you find 28MB Flash cards for under $30?????

I was looking into 32MB linear flash cards and they were around $80.
Paul's ATA driver work is incredible and he deserves all he gets for it
[actually deserves more than he gets, way more] but some of us do not
have the finances to contribute to the ATA driver registration and
would still like a moderate storage increase.

Also for those that chose to read David's actual post he made it VERY
clear that it was storage RAM and not heap RAM.

I am all about this increase and to be honest, I don't run out of heap
on my 2100 ... so I am pretty confused as to why people are all of a
sudden nuts about getting more.

My second choice was Bluetooth support internally, but I would pay for
more internal storage first ... why? Because to me its more convenient
than another card, because I would like to be able to keep more apps
and extensions "in" my Newton so that when I remove a card it doesn't
yell at me because 90% of what I use is on the card since it doesn't
fit on internal storage ... etc ...

David

PS

You sent this to the list not to David H. [PCB Man].