[NTLK] ATA Support + card + adapter = Bundles? (was Re: [NTLK] Direction)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 09:12:45 PDT

>> To me its a big convenience thing. The ATA driver is pretty incredible
>> but the cost, coupled with the cost of a card and adapter to use with
>> it is not the best option for some of us.
>
>Good point. So maybe the question is to Paul if he could lower the
>price of ATA support, thus selling more and making more so that the
>precious developing resources go to something that's not there yet?

Cheers David E., Robert B. and all,

I think the ATA Support-"problem" ain't the price, but that buying
everything individually is pricey, and there is some uncertainty if the
card you bought will behave nicely unless tested. Might be this scares
folks off.

Now, if there'd be bundles of license, card + adapter all together,
guaranteed to work...

Cheers,

DJV.