Re: [NTLK] Virus attacks on NTLK/Newton-related mailaccounts

From: Allan Ngaparu (angaparu_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 15:51:54 PDT

Yeah I thought the same. In my case I got a virus with the latest updates
from Symantec Nortons Anti Virus and still got a worm Trogan horse. It was
Backdoor.SDBot.gen.

The problem was with windows allowing access through ports and something to
do with buffer overun and Outlook Express. Took me nearly all day to fix it
but wouldn't be so difficult for some of you guys. Still a pain in the
proverbial, nevertheless.

So even with latest virus protection you are still vulnerable to deviant
nerd attacks.

Allan Ngaparu
u2000
Windows xp Proffessional