Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Courier 1.1

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 16:01:34 PDT

In a previous message, Eckhart Köppen typed vigorously:

>> Although I am getting the same error message that Doug reported. It seems
>> to occur only on the Google web results page, as I can tap the 'Images'
>> or 'Groups' links and navigate alright on those results pages.
>
>That was a bug in ntox. It's fixed in 1.8.6 which I just uploaded:
>
>http://40hz.org/NTox/

I just gave this version a whirl. Now I get the 'Invalid URL' errors when
clicking on a link from a Yahoo results page. However, the links on the
MARC site (NewtonTalk archive) work fine, as do Google links now.

Another thing... when I tap on either the filing (folder) button or the
folder tab at the top of the window, I get a 'Sorry, a problem has
occurred. (214441956)' error.

>> I tried a search through Yahoo as well. The page took forever to load and
>> return control back to my Newton, and then BugTrap kicked back the
>> following error:
>>
>> http://newton.splorp.com:8080/html/-72365934$1606.nsd
>
>That's a strange one... can you repeat this? It worked here, and it
>looks like an error when Courier wanted to add the page to the cache.

I did get this same error to appear, so it may have had something to do
with heap (I'm testing this on my NPDS server) or lack of room on my
external storage card (my Newt is pretty full at the moment). I did get a
'Newtonscript Error: (#-48216) evt.ex.outofmem' error on my NPDS server
home page at the same time.

Here's a new BugTrap report:

http://newton.splorp.com:8080/html/-72365934$1607.nsd

>> As a feature request, when entering a search term, it would be nice for
>> the 'Search' button to act like a default button when using a keyboard.
>
>Ok, should be in the next version.

Nice. I like default buttons.

Grant

Grant Hutchinson } Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog } www.splorp.com
Newton } www.newted.org
Design } www.veer.com