Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Courier 1.1

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 03:09:53 PDT

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:01:34 -0600, Grant Hutchinson wrote:
> I just gave this version a whirl. Now I get the 'Invalid URL' errors when
> clicking on a link from a Yahoo results page.

Now this one was in NHttpLib ;) Fixed in 3.4.1 which is available now:

http://40hz.org/NHttpLib/

> Another thing... when I tap on either the filing (folder) button or the
> folder tab at the top of the window, I get a 'Sorry, a problem has
> occurred. (214441956)' error.

I'm chasing this now for a long time and haven't come up with any
clue... I have added this now to the SourceForge bug list. It seems to
be a problem caused by the protoTXView, related problems are not
switching to the overview properly (instead, the current page gets
reloaded) or changing the folder tab.

> I did get this same error to appear, so it may have had something to do
> with heap (I'm testing this on my NPDS server) or lack of room on my
> external storage card (my Newt is pretty full at the moment).

Looks more like a storage and less like a heap problem. Maybe the store
is fragmented, I get some erratic behaviour (mostly slowdowns) with
nearly full stores as well. You can try to clear the Courier cache and
set it to some reasonable size limit, as well as a size limit per
downloaded page.

Eckhart