Re: [NTLK] eMate dark spot

From: mmedina_at_selena.com.fr
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 23:41:14 PDT

Hi Ben,

Am still quite a new(t)bye, but can give you some hints.

>There is a dark spot in the center of the screen, maybe a cm tall and
>three wide.
Have this one on an eMate which suffered some sound physical injuries.
There is an oval shape on the back of the screen lid, and it looks to have
"imprinted" into the screen after some shock. You can try adjusting the
contrast, in my case, it helped. As for a repair... change the screen :-/

>The lids are a bit loose on both of them as well. Nothing bad, and I
>have heard of this before, but never a clear answer on whether it can be
>fixed or not.
THIS is bad! It is the (in)famous "hinge lid" built-in defect of the
eMates. On that same unit, it had munched the backlight wires, and was on
the point to puncture the display cable.

It CAN be fixed, and I'd say, it MUST. You WILL need some tools and some
skills at precision mechanics, but it is feasible.
Look there for the detailed instructions:
http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_disassemble.html

Feel free to ask if you need more information.

Best,
Michel