Re: [NTLK] So Definately no NCU through AppleTalk in 10.3 then?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 01:37:05 PDT

On 26-apr-04, at 01:53, Ronan Donohoe wrote:
> I have NCU running in Classic but when I try and start AppleTalk
> through the chooser in classic it just says
> "To turn on AppleTalk, open Network preferences and click Appletalk".
> (BTW I have it turned on in 10.3 through Network in Sys Prefs and
> Directory Access)
> - Only thing is I DONT HAVE a Network Preferences or even an AppleTalk
> control panel for that matter in the OS9 (Classic setup).

And you're right. What's meant here is the settings in Panther.

Go to the (Blue) Apple top left and choose 'System Preferences', once
open click on 'Network'.
In the 'Show' menu choose 'Built-in Ethernet' and click the 'AppleTalk'
button.

Next check the 'Make AppleTalk active' checkbox and quit System
Preferences.
Last step: In the Finder hit Command-Shift-U (will take you to the
Utilities folder) once there go to 'Directory Access'
and make sure 'AppleTalk' is checked there as well.

That should do the job from the OS X side...

Robert Benschop