Re: [NTLK] So Definately no NCU through AppleTalk in 10.3 then?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 08:28:02 PDT

on 4/26/04 2:01 PM, Ronan Donohoe at ronan1977_at_eircom.net wrote:

> So I suppose my real question is whether there is anyone out there with
> a new machine that came with 10.3 and is successfully connecting their
> Newt using NCU in Classic over Ethernet (AppleTalk)?

You know, nobody else has suggested this, so I thought I would toss out a
really "out there" thought. Newtourage is known to haver problems connecting
to the Newton via AppleTalk in Classic. The developer discovered that
sometimes, it's difficult to actually "kickstart" Appletalk in Classic, so
he added the function to Newtourage. Maybe, just maybe, if you download it,
and launch it, you can use this function, and see if clicking this function
will allow NCU to start working also?

I suppose that maybe another alternative would be to get another Classic app
to use AppleTalk to kind of kickstart it--printing comes to mind. This is
the only thing I can think of . I know that when I first upgraded to X, I
had AppleTalk problems in Classic, but once I got it to work once or twice,
it worked fine after that. So, in any case, it can't hurt to try. Url??
Hm... Let me look... Hm. Doesn't seem to be working, but I think it's
http://www.delcannsoft.com/

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland