Re: [NTLK] So Definately no NCU through AppleTalk in 10.3 then?

From: Ronan Donohoe (ronan1977_at_eircom.net)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 05:01:58 PDT

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions so far but I don't think some
people fully read my first email.
I'll try and condense things here and add some newer info.

Setup:
iMac G4 bought new with OS X.2 ONLY (i.e.- no OS 9 dual boot available)
but later installed and now running OS X.3.3 only.

OSX side:
AppleTalk is turned on both in the Systems
Prefs>Network>Built-in-Ethernet AND in the Directory Access Utility.

Classic side:
In NCU (ver 1.0) preferences AppleTalk checkbox is ticked
In the Chooser, trying to turn on AppleTalk gives the following error
"AppleTalk cannot be opened" and "To turn on AppleTalk, open Network
preferences and click AppleTalk".
But ....THERE IS NO Network Preferences OR AppleTalk CONTROL PANEL
AVAILABLE IN CLASSIC (on this Mac anyway).

And just to remind everyone I connected fine for years with my old iMac
by booting into OS9 and used a 3Com PCcard/Ethernet adapter and
crossover cable.

So I suppose my real question is whether there is anyone out there with
a new machine that came with 10.3 and is successfully connecting their
Newt using NCU in Classic over Ethernet (AppleTalk)?

Thanks