Re: [NTLK] playing a wav on the newton?

From: George B (georgeb1962_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 09:09:22 PDT

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:02:21 +0100, Simon Bell <simonbell_at_mac.com> wrote:

> On 27 Apr, 2004, at 10:37 am, Steve Weyer wrote:
>
> > I had last tested this with SimpleMail 4.0 a few years ago -- so
> > hopefully Simon's inbox format hasn't changed...
>
> The Audio Stationery has changed, but still handles InBox items put
> there by AudInBox. I just checked it myself.
>
> Simon
>

> --

Thanks All,

     Using the AudInBox plugin for NewtsCape worked (sort of). I also
think my problem might have been that I wasn't using the Audio
Stationary that came with Mail V, but the older one I had gotten with
Simple Mail, so I replaced that with the larger one that came with
Mail V. Anyway, I tried the .wav I already had in my I/O box, it could
now be played, only it sounded like a horrifying screech instead of
the 'evillaugh.wav' that I could heard on the PC.

    I will try to play with it some more, but it'll have to wait since
I don't have my network card in my Newt and forgot to bring it with me
to work today. Doh!

Thanks,

george