Re: [NTLK] playing a wav on the newton?

From: George Bingham (georgeb1962_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 19:45:06 PDT

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:09:22 -0500, George B <georgeb1962_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:02:21 +0100, Simon Bell <simonbell_at_mac.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 27 Apr, 2004, at 10:37 am, Steve Weyer wrote:
> >
> > > I had last tested this with SimpleMail 4.0 a few years ago -- so
> > > hopefully Simon's inbox format hasn't changed...
> >
> > The Audio Stationery has changed, but still handles InBox items put
> > there by AudInBox. I just checked it myself.
> >
> > Simon
> >

> > --
> > This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
> > Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
> > WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/
> >

> Thanks All,
>
> Using the AudInBox plugin for NewtsCape worked (sort of). I also
> think my problem might have been that I wasn't using the Audio
> Stationary that came with Mail V, but the older one I had gotten with
> Simple Mail, so I replaced that with the larger one that came with
> Mail V. Anyway, I tried the .wav I already had in my I/O box, it could
> now be played, only it sounded like a horrifying screech instead of
> the 'evillaugh.wav' that I could heard on the PC.
>
> I will try to play with it some more, but it'll have to wait since
> I don't have my network card in my Newt and forgot to bring it with me
> to work today. Doh!
>
> Thanks,
>
> george

Hey everyone,

     I am able to get .wav files that were placed into my in box via
Newtscape to work, AND .wav files placed in my in box via Mail V to
work! Sorry for the delay, this was the first chance I'd had to try
this.

     However the "Get URL" (nhttpLib) transport will put the .wav into
the in box, but without being hooked into the Audio stationary. So,
just says that it "This uses stationary that cannot be found...." Oh
well, at least there are a couple workarounds.

     Thanks to everyone who keeps makeing the Newton platform such a
pleasure to work with! I love that its capabilities are constantly
expanding!

George