Re: [NTLK] My Newton progress

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 00:12:34 PDT

On 28-apr-04, at 00:27, Richard Kilpatrick wrote:
> Why is a 2000 better for GPS?

Marco Mailand should be the one answering this, the info comes from him
and he's been using GPS on his Newt quite intensively.
Guess he's not on the list right now (he's sort of on and off) but you
can probably find his email address in the archives.

The reason why a 2000 is better for GPS is that the 2100 in combination
with GPS apparently keeps running into the dreaded -10061 error.
This error only comes up on 2100's because the OS sometimes has a hard
time 'coping' with all that memory (I know, this is on layman's terms
;-) and a 2000 doesn't have this problem.

Apparently GPS manages to throw lots of -10061 errors so the
combination with a 2100 isn't that great.
As I said before, this is all hearsay...

Robert Benschop