[NTLK] Newton contacts/calendar and Nokia phones

From: ccsccs7 (ccsccs7_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 01:49:45 PDT

It took me a while to figure it out, but I was finally able to bet OBEX
(via Neo) to actually bring up a slip (It wasn't working when I did it
through names, but when I went through Dates, it then worked for Names
(or maybe it's because I received from a Palm (receiving could always be
activated) and then routed through IC/VC; or maybe it's because I did an
OBEX test with the Nitro Test program). I was able to send to a Nokia
phone (6590) but can't receive from it to the Newton. I've heard many
reports about Nokia crippling the phone's IR, and it's incomplete OBEX
support. Has anybody been able to get it to work with a pre Series 60
(or Symbian) Nokia? Anybody had any similar expriences? Does anybody
recognize what happened in my situation (enough to explain it to me, so
that I really know and not just using an assumption or guess)? Nokia
Names didn't work for me.

Cedric