Re: [NTLK] escale interface thought

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 08:31:00 PDT

Aux environs du 27/04/04 à 11:54 -0700, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
escale interface thought", Martin Joseph prit sa plus belle plume
pour écrire les mots suivants:
>I find that when I select the server(mac) via rendezvous, I
>automatically move my hand toward the close box just as the "connect"
>button appears. Looking at the Appletalk browser/selector, there is no
>connect button. This seems simple, and less confusing (to me).

I like the idea to have to go through the browser everytime because
of the MacOS X's way to shut down network interfaces when there is
nothing on the other side. If you close the AppleTalk browser, the
network stack is released and the Newton will shut off the ethernet
card.

Putting the close box on the other side would be very NewtonOS-unlike.

Still, I did press the close box several times like you describe, so
I'm aware of the problem. I wonder what a good solution to this
problem would be.

http://www.kallisys.com/newton/dcl/nightlies/

>I just thought it would help to have a binary only package so more
>people can test/use the newer escale. I think the size of the nightly
>package is big from some people :~)

Indeed. Plus it increased recently with the addition of Delivery.

>I can also offer you space on a server here that is on 24/7 if the
>powerbook acting as nightly server is sketchy.

The PowerBook doesn't serve the nightlies, it compiles them :)

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/