Re: [NTLK] Quote of the day

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 08:30:53 PDT

At 12:57 AM 4/29/2004, you wrote:
>Sorry to be so late to this, but ...

No worry. There is never a bad time to get stomped on for being off topic.

>I cannot speak as freely as I would like (NDA stuff), but within each
>basic line of *new* CPU's there will be a product numbering scheme that
>will indicate certain major features, starting with the release of the
>90 nanometer technology LGA775 socket CPU's.

As long as they don't start using other irrelevant trivia like line width
(90 nanometer technology) and how many balls they have in their grids
(LGA775). To the general population this is quite useless technospeak that
is bound to start a "my lines are narrower than yours" or "I have more
balls than you do" war.

BMW has used this in the past with cars like the 325e. It was a low reving
beast that was meant to get good fuel mileage but suckered a lot of people
by having a larger engine than the 320i.

Andrei