[NTLK] "Selling my Newton" at Best Buy today...

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 15:14:49 PDT

Hello Everyone:

Today, I was out and about, dressed like a salesman and asking various retail
store managers if I could please fill out an application for a job (Two
college degrees, internships, extensive volunteer work, former honor society
president -- and still no job! Grrr... But, I digress)

Anyway, at one of the less-degrading stops on my route, a Best Buy store, I
happened to walk past the area where the PDAs were displayed. A young sales
gal asked me if I needed help. "Nope!" I said, "Just comparing to mine," as I
pointed to my Toshiba PPC and my Newton carrying case under my arm. "Two
PDAs?" she asked, "Wow!" I decided to give her a quick demo of the Newt's
capabilities, demonstrating the handwriting recognition, text-to-speech, and the MP3
playback features. She asked, "Does it do voice memo recording, too?" "Of
course!" I said, and I showed her that function. I think she was in love -- with
my Newton!
The funniest part was her comment, "1997 technology? Gee, PDAs have gone
downhill since that thing came out!" Yet another testimonial for the Newton!

She asked me the name of it, and I told her, also giving her some websites to
check out. We may have another convert in our midst soon. :O)

Matt K.